Lithium (Li) Series
The Lithium (Li) alloy cartridge is for those seeking a more intimate presentation of the musicians while the core and timbres of the instruments are better perceived. The high frequencies in the Lithium (Li) are silkier and are not unlike going from a metallic dome tweeter to a silk one in a loudspeaker. The mid-band is more laid back, damped and relaxed. The bass is a rounder. compared to the Aluminum (Al) version. A Lithium (Li) cartridge sounds warmer and pleasing. The copper content in this alloy provides a well-balanced damping effect that gives this warmer and silkier result.
Standard tonewood inserts may differ from the actual picture (shown: eco-oiled ipé)
The use of a Nitro cartridge requires at least three things:
- Medium to high mass tonearm to match these low compliance cartridges. (i.e. 10g. and more).
- System ready for low output MC cartridges or either using a head amp or a step-up transformer (SUT).
- The Lithium (Li) Nitro cartridges require a tonearm able to counterbalance 12g.
Which Nitro Motor to Choose…
Audio MusiKraft offers two distinct cartridge motors: Nitro 1 and Nitro 2.
Mechanically, both motors closely resemble each other. To help distinguish them the external finish on the Nitro 2 is gold plated. The main difference stems from the Nitro 2 possessing a higher degree of copper wire purity resulting in a more faithful reproduction. Electrically; the Nitro 2 has a lower DC resistance so the recommended load is slightly different from each other and the Nitro 2 is slightly lower in output voltage than the Nitro 1.
Essentially the Nitro 1 is pleasing to listen to, it provides vivid sound which translates to a more «forefront» presentation. It offers more midrange bloom and it confers more presence than the Nitro 2.
The listener looking for a more neutral and precise reproduction will prefer the Nitro 2 version. Subjectively, this one has a flatter frequency response in its entire passband. It has slightly better and refined timbre than the Nitro 1, especially notable in the mid-range portion; thanks to the use of 6N pure copper wire. Its lower moving coil equipment mass ensures quicker transients.
The Cartridge Kit Includes
- Either one of the two (2) distinct motors: Nitro 1 or Nitro 2;
- A hand-polished mirror finish outer shell;
- Three (3) pre-selected tonewoods. We have chosen clear lacquered maple, beeswax patinated torrefied pine, and eco-oiled ipe as the optimal woods for you to cover a large musical and sonic spectrum.
- One damping oil vial, a complete tool kit and various screws for a trouble-free installation.
- A red stained baltic plywood jewel box.
Actual tonewoods included: clear lacquered Maple, beeswax patinated torrefied pine, and eco-oiled ipé.
Wood color and grain may differ from the actual picture.
- Walter Kudrycz, The Factory Blog, July 2019, Hi-Fi anxiety: What do ‘statement’ products really say?
- Laurent Thorin, Vumètre, mai 2019, Musikraft
- Michel Donais, TED, July 2018, Part 1
- Art Dudley, Stereophile, April 2018, Listening #184
- Harry Weisfeld, VPI Industries, January 2018, HW Review #4 – MusiKraft
- Art Dudley, Stereophile, October 2017, VPI Prime Scout Turntable
- Art Dudley, Stereophile, August 2017, Listening #176
mirror / hand polished
Shell weight (nude):
per EIA Standards, 1/2″
Shell cover threads:
10 – M2.5 x 0.45 (5 overhang positions)
Cover depth clearance:
2.2mm (max. screw length)
Tone wood inserts (3 species incl.):
Clear lacquered maple, beeswax patinated torrefied pine, and eco-oiled ipé
LOMC (low output moving coil)
Cartridge size (LxWxH):
28.5 x 18.0 x 17.7mm
Cartridge weight (with wood inserts):
11.5g – 12.0g
6N pure copper
Tracking tip size:
Playback frequency response:
Channel separation (1 kHz):
> 25 dB
Channel sensitivity difference (1 kHz):
< 1 dB
Output voltage (1 kHz, 50mm/sec.):
Stylus pressure (vertical tracking force):
2.5 ±0.3 g
Compliance (on disc):
5 x 10-6 cm/dyne
Electrical impedance (1 kHz):
40Ω ± 20 %
14Ω ± 20 %
Recommended load resistance:
100Ω min. (40 Ω min. SUT)
100Ω min. (14Ω min. SUT)
Warranty: One (1) year against manufacturer defect in materials and craftmanship. The warranty does not cover any damage by the owner. For eligibility, the cartridge must return to manufacturer for inspection and approval. Please handle your cartridge carefully. Refer to Terms and Conditions for additional informations.