The world’s first and only “Tunable” and "Customizable" phono cartridge
We are proud to introduce to the audiophile market our first product, the Audio MusiKraft shell system based on the legendary Denon DL103 and 103R phono cartridges. A modification to the original cartridge is required as our shell system replaces the standard plastic casing. Our shell was designed by Stefan Figiel and Richard Quirion, longtime vinyl aficionados. Years of research and development were invested, during that period many prototypes were auditioned and voiced. The present shell is the culmination of all this work and offers many advantages in ways of bringing the Denon 103 to a higher level of performance, along with personalizing the sound and looks to one's tastes. When liberated from its plastic casing and merged to our shell, you will be able to hear the full potential of the classic Denon cartridge.
Features and Innovations
- Material combinations on the same housing (metal and wood)
- Precise machining (strict ± 0.001" tolerance)
- Straightforward and quick phono cartridge installation
- Unique lightweight magnesium shell model
- Three (3) metal materials offered
- Interchangeable wood inserts to combine tonality and/or aesthetics (24 available species in the web shop, but 70 more exotics available upon request)
- Three (3) fine tuning micro-screws for voicing
- Five (5) different geometric positions for overhang adjustment
- Simplified front and lateral reference alignment
- Quick interchangeability and assembly
- Reusable shell
Audio MusiKraft shells are presently offered in three materials:
- Aluminum (clear and champagne anodized)
- Aluminum-Lithium (hand polished)
- Magnesium (Chemical conversion coated)
Here is a simple selection guide to help you understand the sonic differences between our available alloys:
- We recommend the aluminum (Al) cartridge shell as a versatile high-performance runner-up, and one that provides excellent performance in a wide variety of contexts. It is vivid and dynamic, and it is easily tunable across a wide musical & sonic spectrum through the use of different sets of tone wood inserts and by adjusting the tuning screws;
- The aluminum-lithium (Al-Li) cartridge shells have a slightly damped and relaxed sound compared to the aluminum shells, with a more intimate presentation of musicians and instruments. Aluminum-lithium cartridge shells have more warmth, silkier high-frequencies, and are not unlike going from a metallic dome tweeter to a silk one in a loudspeaker. The copper content in this alloy provides a well-balanced damping effect that gives this warmer and silkier result;
- The magnesium (Mg) cartridge shell is for those wanting maximum transparency with the least coloration of the sound. It is the most analytical of the three, but does not overdo it. The magnesium has an immersive headphone-like 3D effect, delivering a lot of the micro-information that is contained in the vinyl grooves, with excellent left to right soundstage nuance. Given its mechanical properties, it delivers a shorter decay time. It restores the textures and it provides a more neutral tonal balance and a less weighty presentation than the two other alloys.
All our models are fully customizable; refer to the respective product descriptions for the available options.
Read our exceptional reviews.
- Take Control of Your Sound -