- The world’s first and only “Tunable” and "Customizable" phono cartridge -
This Audio MusiKraft cartridge kit comes with an installed modified Denon DL-103 phono cartridge and the necessary wood inserts and finish of your choice.
As the lightest structural metal available, magnesium’s combination of low density and good mechanical strength results in a high strength-to-weight ratio. Because of their low modulus of elasticity, magnesium alloys can absorb energy elastically and are well known to have high damping capacity compared with various metallic materials. Diverse uses including aircraft fuselage, automotive parts, and speaker cones all benefit from this light weight alloy. In fact, magnesium is 33% lighter than conventional Aluminum.
Magnesium is easy to machine but nonetheless capricious. Very few machine shops will or can work this material as its dust is highly flammable, insurance companies refuse to cover these shops. Also known since long ago, magnesium lacks sufficient corrosion resistance. Particular care must be taken as soon as it is machined. The treatment we have chosen was primarily for corrosion inhibition and retain its electrical conductivity. The common practice to properly finish metal surfaces is to add an additional coating for aesthetics. For our use, we decided it was a nonsense to add layers, it was rather important to preserve the metal surface as natural as possible without losing the advantages of its properties in the raw state and the reason why we opted for a passivated micro-coating conform to MIL specs.
This cartridge kit can be fully customized to your musical and/or visual preference.
- Material: Magnesium alloy
- Protective treatment: Chromate conversion coating to MIL spec
- Finish: matte/iridescent
- Color: Olive green
- Size (LxWxH): 24 x 18 x 4.9mm
- Shell weight (nude): 2.79g
- Kit weight (with cart and wood inserts): 10.3g (min.) - 10.8g (max.)
- Headshell mount: 1/2"
- Headshell thread: 10 - M2.5 x 0.45
- Cover depth clearance: 2.2mm (max.) (cover thickness is 2.4mm)
- Screw Material: 304 stainless steel (all)
Denon cartridge specifications:
- Generating system: Moving coil (MC)
- Coil material: copper
- Mount: per EIA Standards, 1/2"
- Stylus shape: conical
- Tracking tip size: 16.5 microns
- Cantilever: double structure light alloys
- Playback frequency response: 20-45,000 Hz
- Channel separation (1 kHz): > 25 dB
- Channel sensitivity difference (1 kHz): < 1 dB
- Output voltage (1 kHz, 50mm/sec. horizontal direction): 0.3 mV
- Stylus pressure (vertical tracking force): 2.5 ±0.3 g
- Compliance (on disc): 5 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Electrical impedance (1 kHz): 40Ω ± 20 %
- Recommended load resistance: 100Ω or more (except when transformer is provided)
This ietm comes with its customized jewel box and:
(1) assembled kit including a shell, a modified Denon cart, and a set of wood inserts
(2) M2.5x3mm Stainless Steel 304 Pan Head Phillips screws for setting on headshell
(1) miniature Phillips screwdriver
(1) 0.7mm Allen hex key
(1) wooden pushrod tool for wood insert retrieval
We include the original Denon package, chart, and brush
Options: additional wood inserts, extra screws or other accessories.
Depending on your tonearm setup, this shell system may require heavier counterweight and a slight modification as of height or VTA compensation.
The wood inserts
Following are the various species of our wood inserts. Our system renders them interchangeable within all the Audio MusiKraft shell models. Each set contains (3) three pieces; one (1) piece for the cover and two (2) for the sides.
Wood Species Selection Chart (name/density/hardness):
*Take in consideration:
- Due to the natural variations in wood grain, its aspect may vary and overall colors may vary depending on your screen settings
- For best fitment, we suggest buying your extra wood sets at cartridge or shell's date of purchase.
Click here to visualize the wood chart in a higher resolution (PDF format): MusiKraft's 24 species wood chart
Refer to the Terms & Conditions page.
Audio MusiKraft DL-103 coated magnesium cartridge kit
- Brand: Audio MusiKraft
- Product Code: S-Mg103-COCO
- Availability: In Stock