- The world’s first and only “Tunable” and "Customizable" phono cartridge -
This Audio MusiKraft cartridge kit comes with an installed modified Denon DL-103 phono cartridge and the necessary wood inserts and finish of your choice.
The Denon DL-103 phono cartridge is as everyone should know; the «Queen» of the MC cartridge on the market. It is a true legend as it has a long past. It is built since the early 1960’s and many variants of it were made as upgrades, as for different uses and as limited edition celebrations. It is quite a statement from the company that the particular DL-103 model hasn’t changed specifications over the last 55 years or so now and more than 700,000 units (in 2014) of it were built since its release. It’s quite a token of trust from the consumers.
If you ask us, everyone should own at least one DL-103 in their cartridge collection. Even in its unmodified condition, people always seem to come back to it.
Today, to highlight its statute we want to immortalize it even more and offer to the audiophile the chance to make it play in an optimal environment with the Audio MusiKraft transformation. Our latest research shows that the ideal metal to work was with a Bronze alloy. There could not be a better coincidence as this material is commonly used for commemorations. For one reason, Bronze is regarded as a durable and ageless material which last millenniums. It exists since 3000 B.C. and its production is still going on strong.
In general, we believe bronze is quite favorable for high-performing audio component construction when introduced in strategic places. Here are two other reasons why we have chosen this mythic alloy in search of specific Sonics. One, for its heavier mass to better control the arm resonances as well as stimulate the Denon's cartridge suspension, and secondly, by providing to the motor the best acoustically sound structure in reference to the proper alloy composition; i.e. copper, lead and tin which are low resonant materials. These supple materials dampen the ringing transmitted back to the generator usually associated with metals and which would translate into distortion.
In the Bronze collection, each cartridge shell patina is an artwork and they are definitely stunning for the eye. For the works we have opted for six (6) distinct patina finishes. Among those, each and every shell part is unique as it’s manually done one by one by the artisan. The artwork is finally protected with a trusted micro-crystalline wax polish used in Museums. The patinas age over the first years and get even better.
Before handing our pieces to the artisan for the final touch, we carefully hand polish each shell part to a mirror finish so this later helps the patina have a deeper and more detailed visual impact.
Last but not the least, we devote a lot of time and energy in creations that represent our labor of love. Then, for the completion of the artworks we needed to share together a synergy with the right artisan so he faithfully communicates the meaning of this memorable product. The artworks were handed to a reputable smelter (Art foundry) here in Quebec.
In every aspect, our quest for ultimate performance has proven us right.
This cartridge kit can be fully customized to your musical and/or visual preference.
- Material: Bronze alloy
- Patina: Copper and iron nitrate
- Finish: Micro-crystalline wax polish
- Color: Dark green nuances
- Size (LxWxH): 24 x 18 x 4.9mm
- Shell weight (nude): 13.1g
- Kit weight (with cart and wood inserts): 20.6g (min.) - 21.0g (max.)
- Headshell mount: 1/2"
- Headshell thread: 10 - M2.5 x 0.45
- Cover depth clearance: 2.2mm (max.) (cover thickness is 2.4mm)
- Screw Material: 304 stainless steel (all)
Denon cartridge specifications:
- Generating system: Moving coil (MC)
- Coil material: copper
- Mount: per EIA Standards, 1/2"
- Stylus shape: conical
- Tracking tip size: 16.5 microns
- Cantilever: double structure light alloys
- Playback frequency response: 20-45,000 Hz
- Channel separation (1 kHz): > 25 dB
- Channel sensitivity difference (1 kHz): < 1 dB
- Output voltage (1 kHz, 50mm/sec. horizontal direction): 0.3 mV
- Stylus pressure (vertical tracking force): 2.5 ±0.3 g
- Compliance (on disc): 5 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Electrical impedance (1 kHz): 40Ω ± 20 %
- Recommended load resistance: 100Ω or more (except when transformer is provided)
This item comes with its customized jewel box and:
(1) assembled kit including a shell, a modified Denon cart, a 3D guard, and a set of wood inserts
(2) M2.5x3mm Stainless Steel 304 Pan Head Phillips screws for setting on headshell
(1) miniature Phillips screwdriver
(1) 0.7mm Allen hex key
(1) wooden pushrod tool for wood insert retrieval
(1) cotton glove.
We include the original Denon package, chart, and brush
Options: additional wood inserts, extra screws or other accessories.
Depending on your tonearm setup, this shell system may require heavier counterweight and a slight modification as of height or VTA compensation.
The wood inserts
Following are the various species of our wood inserts. Our system renders them interchangeable within all the Audio MusiKraft shell models. Each set contains (3) three pieces; one (1) piece for the cover and two (2) for the sides.
Wood Species Selection Chart (name/density/hardness):
*Take in consideration:
- Due to the natural variations in wood grain, its aspect may vary and overall colors may vary depending on your screen settings
- For best fitment, we suggest buying your extra wood sets at cartridge or shell's date of purchase.
Click here to visualize the wood chart in a higher resolution (PDF format): MusiKraft's 24 species wood chart
Refer to the Terms & Conditions page.
Audio MusiKraft DL-103 Copper and Iron Nitrate Patinated Bronze Cartridge kit
- Brand: Audio MusiKraft
- Product Code: S-Br103-CIPA
- Availability: In Stock