- The world’s first and only “Tunable” and "Customizable" phono cartridge -
This Audio MusiKraft cartridge kit comes with an installed modified Denon DL-103 phono cartridge and the necessary wood inserts of your choosing.
We have chosen this alloy as it is widely used, affordable and well suited for the cartridge improvements we are looking for. Aluminum can be easily machined, is lightweight and numerous corrosion treatments and finishes are available. Given that production costs are lower than other materials, there is added value for the customer, making this shell our entry level.
This shell kit can be fully customized to your musical and/or visual preference.
- Material: Aluminum alloy
- Finish: anodized
- Color: clear
- Size (LxWxH): 24 x 18 x 4.9mm
- Shell weight (nude): 4.13g
- Kit weight (with cart and wood inserts): 11.7g (min.) - 12.1g (max.)
- Headshell mount: 1/2"
- Headshell thread: 10 - M2.5 x 0.45
- Cover depth clearance: 2.2mm (max.) (cover thickness is 2.4mm)
- Screw Material: 304 stainless steel (all)
- Density: 2.7 g/cm3
Denon cartridge specifications:
- Generating system: Moving coil (MC)
- Coil material: copper
- Mount: per EIA Standards, 1/2"
- Stylus shape: conical
- Tracking tip size: 16.5 microns
- Cantilever: double structure light alloys
- Playback frequency response: 20-45,000 Hz
- Channel separation (1 kHz): > 25 dB
- Channel sensitivity difference (1 kHz): < 1 dB
- Output voltage (1 kHz, 50mm/sec. horizontal direction): 0.3 mV
- Stylus pressure (vertical tracking force): 2.5 ±0.3 g
- Compliance (on disc): 5 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Electrical impedance (1 kHz): 40Ω ± 20 %
- Recommended load resistance: 100Ω or more (except when transformer is provided)
This item comes with its customized jewel box and:
(1) assembled kit including a shell, a modified Denon cart, and wood inserts
(2) M2.5x3mm Stainless Steel 304 Pan Head Phillips screws for setting on headshell
(1) miniature Phillips screwdriver
(1) 0.7mm Allen hex key
(1) wooden pushrod tool for wood insert retrieval.
We include the original Denon package, chart, and brush
Options: additional wood inserts, extra screws or other accessories.
Depending on your tonearm setup, this shell system may require heavier counterweight and a slight modification as of height or VTA compensation.
The wood inserts
Following are the various species of our wood inserts. Our system renders them interchangeable within all the Audio MusiKraft shell models. Each set contains (3) three pieces; one (1) piece for the cover and two (2) for the sides.
For tonality and/or aesthetics we offer twenty four (24) species in the web shop, but seventy (70) more exotic types are available upon request. Contact us if you require the list.
Wood Species Selection Chart (name/density/hardness):
*Take in consideration:
- Due to the natural variations in wood grain, its aspect may vary and overall colors may vary depending on your screen settings
- For best fitment, we suggest buying your extra wood sets at cartridge or shell's date of purchase.
Click here to visualize the wood chart in a higher resolution (PDF format): MusiKraft's 24 species wood chart
Refer to the Terms & Conditions page.
Audio MusiKraft DL-103 clear anodized aluminum cartridge kit
- Brand: Audio MusiKraft
- Product Code: S-Al103-CLAN
- Availability: In Stock