- The world’s first and only “Tunable” and "Customizable" phono cartridge -
This Audio MusiKraft polished aluminum-lithium phono cartridge comes with an installed modified Denon DL-103 generator and with the necessary wood inserts and finish of your choice.
The aluminum-lithium variant is used in aerospace and high strength applications requiring low density, high stiffness, superior damage tolerance and excellent corrosion resistance. Lithium additives increase the strength and modulus of the aluminum alloy while lowering its density and the high copper content is a favorable damping property which highly guided our choice. The alloy exhibits very good machining and surface finishing. It is 10% lighter and less prone to oxidize compared to standard aircraft aluminum. The shell will keep a longer lasting mirror finish.
This cartridge can be fully customized to your musical and/or visual preference.
- Material: Aluminum-Lithium alloy
- Finish: hand polished
- Color: mirror
- Size (LxWxH): 24 x 18 x 4.9mm
- Shell weight (nude): 3.93g
- Kit weight (with cart and wood inserts): 11.5g (min.) - 11.9g (max.)
- Headshell mount: 1/2"
- Headshell thread: 10 - M2.5 x 0.45
- Cover depth clearance: 2.2mm (max.) (cover thickness is 2.4mm)
- Screw Material: 304 stainless steel (all)
- Generating system: Moving coil (MC)
- Coil material: copper
- Mount: per EIA Standards, 1/2"
- Stylus shape: conical
- Tracking tip size: 16.5 microns
- Cantilever: double structure light alloys
- Playback frequency response: 20-45,000 Hz
- Channel separation (1 kHz): > 25 dB
- Channel sensitivity difference (1 kHz): < 1 dB
- Output voltage (1 kHz, 50mm/sec. horizontal direction): 0.35 mV
- Stylus pressure (vertical tracking force): 2.5 ±0.3 g
- Compliance (on disc): 5 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Electrical impedance (1 kHz): 40Ω ± 20 %
- Recommended load resistance: 100Ω or more (except when transformer is provided)
This item comes with its customized jewel box and:
(1) assembled kit including a shell, a modified Denon cart, the 3D guard, and a set of wood inserts
(2) M2.5x3mm Stainless Steel 304 Pan Head Phillips screws for setting on headshell
(1) miniature Phillips screwdriver
(1) 0.7mm Allen hex key
(1) wooden pushrod tool for wood insert retrieval
(1) cotton glove
We include the original Denon package, chart, and brush
Options: additional wood inserts, extra screws or other accessories.
Depending on your tonearm setup, this shell system may require heavier counterweight and a slight modification as of height or VTA compensation.
The wood inserts
Following are the various species of our wood inserts. Our system renders them interchangeable within all the Audio MusiKraft shell models. Each set contains (3) three pieces; one (1) piece for the cover and two (2) for the sides.
Wood Species Selection Chart (name/density/hardness):
*Take in consideration:
- Due to the natural variations in wood grain, its aspect may vary and overall colors may vary depending on your screen settings
- For best fitment, we suggest buying your extra wood sets at cartridge or shell's date of purchase.
Click here to visualize the wood chart in a higher resolution (PDF format): MusiKraft's 24 species wood chart
Refer to the Terms & Conditions page.
Audio MusiKraft DL-103 polished aluminum-lithium cartridge
- Brand: Audio MusiKraft
- Product Code: S-AlLi103-PO
- Availability: In Stock