Aluminum (Al) Series
We recommend the Aluminum (Al) alloy cartridge as a versatile and highly competitive candidate and one that provides excellent performance in a wide variety of contexts. Its sonic signature is lively, dynamic and provides fine focus and attack; you can literally map the soundstage.
Standard tonewood inserts may differ from the actual picture (shown: jatoba)
The use of a Nitro cartridge requires at least three things:
- Medium to high mass tonearm to match these low compliance cartridges (i.e. 10g. and more).
- System ready for low output MC cartridges or either using a head amp or a step-up transformer (SUT).
- The Aluminum (Al) Nitro cartridges require a tonearm able to counterbalance 12g.
Which Nitro Motor to Choose…
Audio MusiKraft offers two distinct cartridge motors: Nitro 1 and Nitro 2.
Mechanically, both motors closely resemble each other. To help distinguish them the external finish on the Nitro 2 is gold plated. The main difference stems from the Nitro 2 possessing a higher degree of copper wire purity resulting in a more faithful reproduction. Electrically; the Nitro 2 has a lower DC resistance so the recommended load is slightly different from each other and the Nitro 2 is slightly lower in output voltage than the Nitro 1.
Essentially the Nitro 1 is pleasing to listen to, it provides vivid sound which translates to a more «forefront» presentation. It offers more midrange bloom and it confers more presence than the Nitro 2.
The listener looking for a more neutral and precise reproduction will prefer the Nitro 2 version. Subjectively, this one has a flatter frequency response in its entire passband. It has slightly better and refined timbre than the Nitro 1, especially notable in the mid-range portion; thanks to the use of 6N pure copper wire. Its lower moving coil equipment mass ensures quicker transients.
Standard tonewood inserts may differ from the actual picture (shown: teak)
The Cartridge Kit Includes
- Either one of the two (2) distinct motors: Nitro 1 or Nitro 2;
- The anodized finish color of your choice: clear or champagne;
- Three (3) pre-selected tonewoods. We have chosen clear lacquered maple, beeswax patinated torrefied pine, and eco-oiled ipe as the optimal woods for you to cover a large musical and sonic spectrum.
- One damping oil vial, a complete tool kit and various screws for a trouble-free installation.
- A red stained baltic plywood jewel box.
Actual tonewoods included: clear lacquered Maple, beeswax patinated torrefied pine, and eco-oiled Ipé.
Wood color and grain may differ from the actual picture.
- Jeff Day, Positive-Feedback, November 2018, Writer’s Choice Awards for 2018
- Jeff Day, Positive-Feedback, January 2018, The “Tunable” Audio MusiKraft Denon DL-103 Phonograph Cartridge
- Wojtek Pacula, High Fidelity.pl, November 2017, # 163
- Jeff Day, Jeff’s Place, June-Dec. 2017, The Audio MusiKraft Adventure
brushed, anodic oxide
clear or champagne
Shell weight (nude):
per EIA Standards, 1/2″
Shell cover threads:
10 – M2.5 x 0.45 (5 overhang positions)
Cover depth clearance:
2.2mm (max. screw length)
Tone wood inserts (3 species incl.):
Clear lacquered maple, beeswax patinated torrefied pine, and eco-oiled ipé
LOMC (low output moving coil)
Cartridge size (LxWxH):
28.5 x 18.0 x 17.7mm
Cartridge weight (with wood inserts):
11.7g – 12.2g
6N pure copper
Tracking tip size:
Playback frequency response:
Channel separation (1 kHz):
> 25 dB
Channel sensitivity difference (1 kHz):
< 1 dB
Output voltage (1 kHz, 50mm/sec.):
Stylus pressure (vertical tracking force):
2.5 ±0.3 g
Compliance (on disc):
5 x 10-6 cm/dyne
Electrical impedance (1 kHz):
40Ω ± 20 %
14Ω ± 20 %
Recommended load resistance:
100Ω min. (40 Ω min. SUT)
100Ω min. (14Ω min. SUT)
Warranty: One (1) year against manufacturer defect in materials and craftsmanship. The warranty does not cover any damage by the owner. For eligibility, the cartridge must return to the manufacturer for inspection and approval. Please handle your cartridge carefully. Refer to Terms and Conditions for additional pieces of information.